Monday, October 26, 2009

Salmon with Brown Sugar & Mustard Glaze

My husband came home a great catch from his fishing trip; salmon! One of my favorite fish to make, I am always looking for new recipes to try. I found this one on Food Network by Bobby Flay.It is a highly rated recipe, an average of 5 stars out of 85 reviews. This recipe asks you to grill the salmon, but because that isn't always the most practical thing in the world - I broiled it which was just as good.

Salmon with Brown Sugar & Mustard Glaze

3 Tbspn Light Brown Sugar
1 Tbspn Honey
2 Tbspn Butter
1/4 C Dijon Mustard
2 Tbspn Soy Sauce
2 Tbspn Olive Oil
1 Tbspn Finely Grated Ginger
Vegetable Oil
Salt and Black Pepper
8 Salmon Fillets, 6 oz Each

1) In a small saute pan, melt the brown sugar, honey and butter over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Let it cool

2) Preheat the grill to medium heat. Brush salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt & pepper to taste. Place the salmon on the grill skin side down. Coat the flesh of the salmon with the brown sugar mixture. Grill for 6-8 minutes turning once after 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.