Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

March is officially comfort food month for me. It is the worst month here in the Midwest because one day you will have a sunny, 40 degree weather day and the next day it will be snowing and 15 degrees. I am usually freezing all through March because I am tired of wearing a coat and I feel like if I just stop wearing it that maybe mother nature will cooperate and give us some warm weather. So when this doesn't happen, I turn to food - what else is new? One of my favorite "warm you up" things to eat is chicken parmesan, so I went looking for a good recipe. I was surprised to find that a lot of the recipes out there don't include a tomato sauce which I thought was imperative to the chicken parmesan recipe so I went with one that did incorporate a marinara sauce. I did change a few things about this recipe, but not much. I did not put the sauce in the baking dish and cook the chicken in it because I would assume that this would make the chicken soggy. Instead what I did was that I cooked the chicken by itself in the baking dish and made some angel hair pasta on the side. I topped the angel hair with the chicken and then poured the tomato sauce over all of it. I also didn't have monterey jack cheese on hand, so I used provolone. Delish!




Tomato Chicken Parmesan
By: vero_cn81 (Allrecipes)

2 Eggs, Beaten
1 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
7 oz Seasoned Bread Crumbs
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Cut in Half Lengthwise
1 Tbspn Vegetable Oil
12 Oz Pasta Sauce
6 Slices of Monterey Jack Cheese

1) Preheat oven to 375

2) Pour beaten eggs into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken breasts into the egg and then the bread crumbs to coat.

3) In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add coated chicken and saute for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked.

4) Pour tomato sauce into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Add chicken, then place a slice of cheese over each piece of chicken. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.