Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy

I love pork chops, but my husband isn't the biggest fan. I knew that this one would be a hit with him because he loves gravy and loves mushrooms. I added a little bit of garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the sauce because I was worried it might be too bland; it was perfect. My husband also felt like there should have been more mushrooms, so next time I will probably add some fresh sliced mushrooms to the sauce. I also used thinner, tenderized pork chops which probably would work the best.

Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
By: KMSTAT (AllRecipes)

1/2 C Dry Bread Crumbs
2 Tbspn Parmesan Cheese
4 Pork Chops
1 Tbspn Vegetable Oil
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 C Milk

1) Combine Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese in a plastic bag. Add the chops two at a time and shake to coat.

2) Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, and cook chops until brown on both sides. Remove pork chops from the skillet and reduce the heat.

3) Blend soup and milk in the skillet. Add more milk if you would like a thinner gravy. Bring to a gentle boil. When soup is boiling, add chops to skillet. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chops are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.