Saturday, May 15, 2010

Steak Marinade

I found this recipe on All Recipes by Char Finamore when looking for a marinade to make London Broil. Because it is a tougher piece of meat, you should really let the meat marinade in this for 6 hours or more. Even though this marinade is generally used for London Broil, you could probably use this with any steak. The only thing that I changed about this,was that I used a little more garlic than the recipe called for - but that is true with most recipes that I use. Also, the original recipe calls for the meat to be grilled on medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes per side, though I chose to broil the meat and it came out perfect.

Ingredients:
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 C Soy Sauce
2 Tbspn Vegetable Oil
2 Tbspn Ketchup
1 tspn Dried Oregano
1 tspn Ground Black Pepper
2 # Flank Steak

Directions:

1) In a small bowl mix together: garlic, soy sauce, oil, ketchup, oregano, and black pepper. Pierce the meat with a fork on both sides

2) Place the meat and marinade in a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

3) Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.