Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chunky Monkey Pancakes

I love going out for breakfast and ordering things that I would never make at home. Everything from fruity crepes to fluffy pancakes. But why is it that I don't make these things? They are simple after all and they taste good at any time of day. One Sunday morning I had a hankering for pancakes, so I went searching for the perfect recipe. I found a winner by crazycatlady on AllRecipes. I don't like maple syrup - or any syrup for that matter; so I like pancakes that have ingredients that make them naturally sweet. The bananas and chocolate do the trick in these. The great thing about this recipe is that the batter is really good - so you can mix the flavors up by substituting different ingredients for the banana and chocolate.

Chunky Monkey Pancakes

1 C All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 C Milk
3 Tbsp Melted Butter
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Banana, Diced
1/2 C Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 C Chopped Pecans
Cooking Spray

1) Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set bowl aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter. Gently fold in the banana, chocolate chips and nuts.

2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfulls of batter onto the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.