Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flank Steak

I love a good piece of meat, but sometimes I am at a loss of what to do with it. My "go to" steak marinade is: garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper - but I wanted something different. One thing I dislike about a lot of marinade recipes is that they all require a long time to marinade and I usually fail to pre-plan long enough in advance to marinade for the length of time that the recipe requires. Because of this, the meat often doesn't get the full flavor that it would had I remembered to thaw my meat and prepare my marinade in time.
I found a great flank steak recipe on All Recipes by GUYCON. He grills this, and seeing that my grill is currently covered in 3 feet of snow I skipped this step (broiled instead), and I of course didn't have the 6 hours that this recipe recommends marinading my meat and instead marinated for 1 hour. The meat was still plenty flavorful and everything I look for in a steak. I may have found a new "go to" steak marinade - and maybe one day I will remember to take my meat out in enough time to marinade for the full 6 hours.

Marinated Flank Steak

1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1/3 C Soy Sauce
1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbspn Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tbspn Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbspn Dijon Mustard
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 Pounds Flank Steak

1) In a medium bowl mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and ground black pepper. Place meat in a shallow glass pan. Pour the marinade over the steak, turn and cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours

2) Preheat grill for medium-high heat

3) Oil the grill. Place the steaks on the grill and discard the marinade. Grill meat for 5 minutes on each side or until it is to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.