Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chocolate Amaretto Bundt Cake


One of my favorite flavors is almond, so I always try and find recipes that showcase this flavor - especially dessert recipes. When I needed to make a dessert for a New Years party, I found this great recipe that I wanted to try. I found this fantastic recipe in the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, which has tons of great dessert recipes in it. Seeing as I bought a bundt pan for this occasion, I predict that you will be seeing a lot more bundt cake recipes...

Chocolate Amaretto Bundt Cake

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tspn Baking Soda
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
4 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
6oz Semi Sweet Chocolate, Melted
1 Cup Milk
3 tspns Almond Extract
1 tspn Vanilla Extract
4 Tbspn Almond Flavored Liquor

Instructions

1) Preheat the Oven to 350. Grease and Flour a 10 inch Bundt Pan

2) Sift the Flour and Baking Soda together, set aside

3) With an electric mixer on medium speed, combine the Butter, Sugar and Brown Sugar until fluffy. Add the Eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add the Chocolate and mix well. Add the Flour mix in thirds, alternating with Milk and the Extracts. Beat after each addition until smooth

4) Mix in the liquor and Pour batter into the prepared pan

5) Bake 45-50 minutes until cake is baked through. Cool in a pan for 20 minutes. Then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack completely.

6) Drizzle with Easy Chocolate Cake Glaze or Dust with Powdered Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.