Sunday, January 2, 2011

Taco Dip


I find that one of my most requested appetizers, especially during football season is my taco dip. This is a classic seven layer dip that I came across, but have added and subtracted my own layers as time went on. I add ground beef to this because I am not a big fan of refried beans, so I feel like mixing it with the beans makes it taste better to me. I never bring any of this home with me from a party - just an empty pie plate.

Sevenish Layer Taco Dip



1 package of Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can (16 oz) Refried Beans
1/2 # Ground Beef, Browned
1 package (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1 container (16 oz) Sour Cream
1 jar (16 oz) Salsa of your choice
1 can Diced Tomatoes (with chilies if you like a kick)
1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 Bunch Green Onions, Chopped
1 Small Head of Lettuce, Shredded
1 can (6 oz) Black Olives, Sliced and Drained
2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Mexican Blend is my Favorite)
Sliced Jalapenos (Optional)

Directions:

1) Brown Ground Beef in a skillet. Drain and Mix with Refried Beans. Spread the Mixture onto a large serving platter (I usually use a deep pie pan)

2) Mix the Sour Cream and Cream Cheese together in a medium-sized Bowl. Spread over the Refried Beans

3) Top the layers with Salsa, Tomatoes, Green Pepper, Green Onions and Lettuce. Then top with Cheese. Garnish with Olives and Jalapenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.