Sunday, January 2, 2011

Easy Chocolate Cake Glaze


I found this recipe when looking for something to top the Chocolate Amaretto Bundt Cake that I was making for a party. The combination was excellent and I feel like you could use this with most cake recipes. It is the perfect thing if you are looking for something other than a thick frosting. With cakes that are particularly rich, sometimes you want something light to top it off with - and this is the perfect thing.

Easy Chocolate Cake Glaze

1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 tspn Vanilla Extract

Instructions

1) In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the Sweetened Condensed Milk and Chocolate Chips.

2) Cook, stirring constantly until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. Do not allow it to bubble.

3) Remove from heat and add Vanilla.

4) Cool slightly before drizzling over a cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.