Monday, November 9, 2009

Apple Bread


In my ongoing quest to find a use for the 5 pounds of apples that my mother in law has gifted me, I was desperate to find something to make with apples that was not a pie. I found this recipe for Apple Bread on All Recipes by Jennifer. This bread was pretty good, but I would bake it less (start at 40 minutes) and I did make some changes based on some user suggestions: I added 2 Tsp of vegetable oil, I used half brown and half white sugar and I used pumkin pie spice instead of cloves. Another user suggested a glaze of 1 C powdered sugar and 2 Tspn. Half and Half. I did not try this, but will next time.

Apple Bread

1/2 C Butter Softened
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
2 C All Purpose Flour
1 Tspn Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
2 Apples - Peeled, Cored and Chopped

1) Preheat Oven to 350

2) In a Bowl mix Butter and Sugar until Sooth and Creamy. Beat in Eggs.

3) In a Separate Bowl, Sift Together the Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and Cloves. Mix into Butter Mixture until Moistened. Fold in the Apples. Transfer into a Lightly Greased Loaf Pan.

4) Bake 1 Hour in Preheated Oven. Cool in Pan for 15 Minutes before Removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.