Monday, November 9, 2009

Jiffy Casserole




I was searching for something quick and easy to make for dinner tonight. On those days that you don't really feel like cooking, a casserole always seems to be the best option. I found this casserole and loved the following things about the Jiffy Casserole: The ingredients are ones that I always have on hand, It is inexpensive to make and It is yummy. I found this recipe on All Recipes by LadyGuin 2. I did alter this recipe a little based on other All Recipes user comments. I used 2 cans of soup instead of 1, used other spices such as garlic and onion powder and topped the casserole with cheese at the end.

Jiffy Casserole
Serves: 5

1 Tbspn Vegetable Oil
2 Onions Sliced
1 Pound Ground Beef
5 Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
Salt & Pepper
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 C Water
Paprika

1) Preheat Oven to 350

2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and pour in oil. Saute onion in oil until browned (5-10 minutes) and set aside. In the same skillet brown meat and drain

3) Place a layer of potatoes into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and spread a layer of beef over the potatoes, followed by a layer of onions.

4) Repeat layers, ending with potatoes. In a medium bowl combine the soup with the water. Mix well and pour over the casserole. Sprinkle with paprika to taste

5) Cover and bake for 1 hour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.