Sunday, December 13, 2009

Almond Cream Spritz Cookies

December is the month for Christmas cookies and I love trying new recipes. Unfortunately, some of them don't always work out as planned - but this is one that I modified from the original. The recipe is for dough to be used in a cookie press, but when my Pampered Chef cookie press failed me I made this into a ball cookie instead and it worked perfectly. The next time I make these, I will also increase the amount of the almond extract too - they didn't have as strong of as almond flavor as I had hoped for.

Almond Cream Spritz
Makes: 60

1 Cup Butter, Softened
1 (3 oz) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
Finely Chopped Almonds

1) Preheat oven to 375

2) Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add sugar, almond extract and vanilla. Beat until combined.

3) Stir in flour. Cover and chill dough for about 30 minutes or until easily worked but not too stiff. Pack dough into cookie press.

4) Force dough through press onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with almonds

5) Bake 8-10 minutes or until endes of cookies are firm but not brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet one minute and them move to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.