Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies




I wanted to try an new cookie recipe for my annual cookie exchange and this one seemed to be one of the more popular cookies. It has a really unique flavor that is just like hot chocolate - perfect with a glass of milk. I got this recipe from Betty Crocker, and though I wasn't looking for a "shortcut cookie recipe" this one is, so it is perfect if you need a quick recipe or if you are making several cookies because this one saves you time by using a mix as the base.

Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
Makes: 48

1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Butter
1 19oz Package of Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink Mix
1 Pouch (1lb 1.5oz) Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
1 Egg
1 Cup Miniature Semisweet Chocolate Chips

1) Heat oven to 375

2) In a small bowl mix: sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter and hot chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.

3) Place cookie mix into a large bowl. Stir in melted butter mixture and egg until soft dough forms (you may need to add a little water). Stir in chocolate chips.

4) Shape into balls, roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Jen has tried numerous diets, attempting to loose the weight she gained after having her baby (okay, she IS technically a toddler) and has figured out that she just loves food way too much to diet. So I gave up and instead celebrate the thing I love the most - FOOD! Here you will find recipes that I have stubled upon and tried, recipes that have been created in my kitchen and other rants and raves about food in general.